Friday, May 8, 2009

Google Analytics Reports are back concerning the results of using Twitter and blogging to increase KS Design Website awareness on the internet.

I know there has been a lot of talk on the effectiveness of using Twitter, corporate  Blogging, and other Web 2.0 strategies to help raise awareness of ones website and or business. So I thought I would share with every one who is interested the results from KS Design's Google Analytics reports.

Now for some General background on KS Design. We are a web application design company that specializes in data base driven websites and web applications (C#, .NET, SQL). Now for the past 6 years there has been no active marketing campaign. We are a grass roots company that was the vision of a young technologist (Kyle Schultz) and has grown from a basement business to a home office with room for 3 persons, clients all over the US, and free lance partners spread out in the Midwest that assist with development and design when and if needed. 80-90% of all work however is done in house by Kyle Schultz himself and it has only been this last year and a half that I have been brought into the fold in order to assist Kyle Schultz with project management, customer relations, junior development talks, and strategic architectural business design.

So enough of the plug what does this have to do with the results you are about to see. Here we go. Starting in March out of sheer joy and my interest in technology I have been playing with Twitter, getting more involved with blogging on my own personal sites, our new SharePoint website, and with Smaller Indiana and now that the summer has started A Greener Indiana as well. SO what you are about to see are the Google Analytics reports of the effects that a casual hobbyist use of Twitter and Blogging technologies (i have jumped from several platforms) have had on KS Design, from the dates of March 1st (which is when I started) to present day April 8th. The results come from our KS Design website and unfortunately we do not have as of yet Google Analytics tied into our SharePoint playground, so that data is unavailable, but I think you can see that that will soon become a top priority.

Analytics_www.ksdesignservices.com_20090301-20090508_(VisitorsOverviewReport).pdf
Analytics_www.ksdesignservices.com_20090301-20090508_(TrafficSourcesReport).pdf
Analytics_www.ksdesignservices.com_20090301-20090508_(DashboardReport).pdf
Analytics_www.ksdesignservices.com_20090301-20090508_(content.ContentReport).pdf

While this is not staggering results, and as you can see recently activity has slowed as Purdue's spring semester has come to a close (finals are over) and I have begun to get more involved with environmental affairs and the Greenerdog alias that I have created for this purpose. I think you can plainly see the benefits and if you go over my blog posts and twitter feeds you will see that I am not just bombarding persons with ads, ads, and more ads, but actually trying to provide interesting content and hopefully getting better at the content that I create, one thing I need to learn and start practicing is encouraging feedback from readers. I mean my first On-the-Go videos where bad and you are only able to see the ones I posted.

So with that if you have any questions or would like to find out more about what I do and if I can help your non-profit organization or business feel free to contact me and provide me with your email and we will get to chatting.    info@ksdinfusion.com

Share this post :

No comments: