Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Canoeing and Kayaking on Sugar Creek through Shades & Turkeyrun State Park, Memorial day Weekend - 2009

I hope you enjoy the highlights of my trip through Shades State Park and Turkeyrun State Park. This was a fabulous Canoeing, Kayaking, and Camping trip on a super great weekend here in Indiana. I have been to the Indy 500 the last 2 years and quite frankly there is no place (other than maybe the Kankakee River in Northern Indiana) that I would have rather been this weekend.

Seeing my 7yr old son take off on a kayak for his very first time was the best part of my trip. Nothing made me prouder than seeing him run his first Sugar Creek rapid and taking some initiative; while learning how to judge the currents and make it through. His arms raised with paddle held high in excitement flowing as fast as the creek was almost too much for my joyful heart. With that note let us get to watching some footage.

If you would like me and my son to come to your campground, visit your favorite creek or river, or check out your livery and services just send me an invite via Facebook, Twitter, or email! I would be more than happy to come with my cameras, joy, and maybe even a GPS. I can even bring a GEO Cache!

Stay current with all of Greenerdog’s Activities FriendFeed

Share this post :
If your social service is not mentioned just drop me an email at greenerdog@gmail.com and let me know which service you use and why and I will get it added!

No comments: