Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Three Heads Company Picnic - review

First maybe I am a bit biased because I just love live music and jambands, but i just have to say that the Three Heads Company Picnic was awesome.

Unfortunately I did miss all the music that I heard was great on Friday, however I was able to show up Saturday around 6pm and have a great evening and a lovely night camping at Duh Pond. I must say I am impressed with the local Chesterton area bands that played and the other northern Indiana bands of course.

I will try and keep this short because quite frankly I am not a good enough writer to give these musicians any credit. They are bands that you have to personally just go and see!!

However I could not have asked for a better sunset than the one I enjoyed at the Three Heads Company picnic. Here is how it went. Picture great music, a nice breeze, and me chilling with a group of campers that I just met (friendly as can be they were!) and lo and behold what do I see, but one of the most amazing hacky sack circles that I personally have ever seen. Maybe I just have not seen enough circles to be a good judge, but never the less I was just amazed at the skill and fun these folks were having.

As the sun started coming down and the stages light shows started to become more interesting in the growing darkness what else could go great with the music besides … throwing some Frisbee that lights up!! Again with some very cool people (every one I met was very kuul there actually).

Another highlight of the show was the drum circles and small atmosphere which made it possible to shake hands with some very friendly band members and even drum with’em once Chester Brown finished their set. Again all I can say is very awesome picnic. I would encourage any one that can to make it a priority to come see some of these bands and others at the Little Turtle Music and Arts festival on Labor Day. Hope to see you there.

As always feel free to Follow Greenerdog on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks to those that already follow me and fill me in on their favorite Indiana places and events.

Share this post :

No comments: