Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hopping on the Google Buzz Wagon

Ok, seriously don’t need another status update application. But, Buzz could be different. First off I want to tell you how I use my status update applications (I have a feeling many ppl do the same) Second I want to give a run down of how I think Buzz is different, and Thirdly I would like your honest feed back.

How I use status update applications like Twitter, Facebook, and Friendfeed et al… I am a Tweetdeck user. I have multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts for the different types of posts and work that I do. With Tweetdeck I can add all of these accounts and when I have posts that are related to my personal friends I use different accounts than when I post about Environmental topics or Indiana only posts. I don’t send out spam, and I monitor closely who I really follow. I have also migrated a lot of the Mail and Document work that I do professionally and for college to the Google Verse. Google Apps has made online collaboration very easy and productive and sexy in a simple way.

Now if I can’t connect Buzz to my Tweetdeck then guess what, not going to be used often. However, there are many projects that I work on with clients and partners and we use Google Apps for work collaboration and documentation (including wave). Now already having these people in groups, within my Google Contacts, makes sending out a private update a very attractive and useful use for Google Buzz, especially since I have a lot of coworkers who are not yet comfortable working in wave, Buzz becomes an easy way for me to send project statuses, updates, or questions and get some feedback without having the information public and without having to open up Tweetdeck.

Now that is all I really have to say at this time about Google Buzz and I would appreciate your feedback on how you would use Buzz (or not) and whether or not you would (or wouldn’t) like to see Buzz integrated with your other status application services or apps.

Share this post :

No comments: