Friday, June 20, 2008

The Green Purpose

Greetings One and All,

I would like to start off by telling everyone the purpose of this blog. The purpose of this blog is to document my green adventures. What that means is that I will be posting what I learn as I strive to make my workplace and personal life greener. My desire is to get around to posting twice a week, sharing with others my current environmental footprint, my desired footprint, and everything I am doing to improve my footprint on this planet.

I have often felt like there just isn't much i can do that most of what happens on this planet I have no control over and that frankly i just don't have the money to make a difference. I have also had questions about where to get good information, because lets face it there is alot of information out there, some exagerated, some just uncertain, and some just hard to find and sort through.

So instead of being cought in an apathy trap and doing nothing while the world goes by I decided that "I can do something". So that's where I am going to start. I firmly believe that to change the world you must first change yourself. "Think global- act local" as they say. So please, i encourage you to join me in my adventures and hope that this blog provides some type of avenue for you yourself to "do something". I hope that I can provide reliable information from those that do the research and I hope that you the reader will not only read, but also share your thoughts, views, and opinions so that together we can make our communities healthier and our planet Greener.

No comments: